Sunday, July 19, 2026

THE BEGINNING OF MY BOOK OF PEOPLE July 10th, 2026

 

Barry

As we entered the Lavender Festival, there was a greeter, a gentleman, sitting there welcoming people.  I said hello and talked for a min.  I commented on his shirt, asking if he was a veteran.  He was.  He was in the time of Vietnam.  I thanked him for his service and he shared a little bit about his time, got a bit emotional and after talking to him for a good 3-5 min.  he thanked me for listening.  He was a sweet man, a perfect greeter.  He is from Tennessee.  

As we were leaving, I thanked him and said goodbye.  As we drove out of the park's parking lot, I said I wished I had gotten his picture.  I loved talking with him, in fact I love talking with people like that and hearing a bit about their story.  I love seeing them light up when someone listens to them and I love making them feel important  and seen.  I just really like meeting people and when they give me the time of day and say more than a mere hi, I love connecting with them and listening, asking them questions.  

I was really regretting not doing a picture, and just imagined having a collection of pictures of people I meet.  I really love pictures of people's faces, like when the Church does a video and has people's faces close up from all over the world.  Something so beautiful about it.   I had Mylie turn around and Eliza and I went back to get my picture.  He will be my first picture of hopefully many to come.  What a neat collection it will be!  People, children of God, all on our mortal journeys.  I'm excited! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE BEGINNING OF MY BOOK OF PEOPLE July 10th, 2026

  Barry As we entered the Lavender Festival, there was a greeter, a gentleman, sitting there welcoming people.  I said hello and talked fo...